Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Final Countdown

My program officially ends on Friday, but I am finished working on Wednesday. The fact that the last four months is about to be over is mind boggling. I knew that the time would go by fast, as it always does when you are doing something you enjoy day in and day out, but I never would have imagined it would go by this fast. Today was my 5th day out of 9 straight days of work before I leave. The last 5 days were pretty long, but today started off pretty smoothly. Once 6:00 rolled around things took a turn for the not so pleasant as a guest that was very unhappy, rude, and dissatisfied decided I was the perfect person to take out all of that frustration on. If the last four months has taught me anything, patience is for sure number one. It is key to be able to smile at all times and bite your tongue even when you are getting yelled at, sworn at, or treated badly. No matter what, the guest is always right and that can be very difficult to stomach, but it is crucial. I have definitely learned more than I can put into words from doing this program, but moments like today make me realize that it is time for me to start a new adventure and continue moving forward. Yesterday I had a meeting with one of my managers to discuss my end of the program evaluation. We talked about my overall experience during the program, what I learned and gained from it, etc. She also gave me very good advice on how to now work my way up in the professional world using this internship as a starting block. She gave me a lot of encouragement and inspiration to be able to use this program as a tool to help me achieve my goals rather in the company or elsewhere. Even though this internship was at one specific place, I will be able to take everything I have learned here and apply it to all aspects of my life. I have loved working here the last four months, meeting all of the people I have, and gaining all of the knowledge I have. However, it is getting time for me to close this chapter of my life so that I can start a new one using all of the skills I have gained from this experience. No matter how hard things have gotten at times, I would not take back this experience for anything and would recommend it to any college student who has a love for the most magical place on earth like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment