Sunday, April 29, 2012

Why I love working here even on the roughest days.

The days here can be long, very long... a 6 hour shift can feel like 12 hours and a 12 hour shift can feel like 24. However, this is definitely a magical place to work and when you surround yourself with amazing people it makes the day go by that much quicker and keeps you smiling no matter how tired you are. Each night we close with a manager and they give us a talk at the end of the night to wrap things up and sum up the day. One of the managers in particular is the exact vision of Disney and goes above and beyond when it comes to all of us cast members. He spends the day on the floor with us periodically, checking in on us, seeing how our day is going, if we need anything, etc. He always has his energy level at 1000% and each night his talks are completely inspiring and make me love coming to work. No matter how exhausted I am I see how much he loves working here and how much he appreciates each and every one of us and that makes everything I go through with guests and cast members worth it that much more. With my program ending in 12 days I am realizing more and more how sad it is going to be to leave this unique work environment. This place is like no other place I have ever worked and and will ever work at. The experience I have gained here personally and professionally is one of a kind and I will never forget everything that I have learned. Not only have I gained a lot of business insight and skills learning the ins and outs of this company, but I have also put my psychology degree to good use dealing with all of the people I come across each and every day. When these next 12 days are said and done it will be hard to look back on the last four months and leave everything behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment