Monday, April 2, 2012

I thought it was peak season?

For the last two months we have been warned that once March and April come sleep will no longer be a priority and our hours will jump from 30-40 to 50-60 hours per week. Well... apparently that is the case for everywhere, but Innoventions. For some reason majority of the CP's in Innoventions are only getting scheduled for somewhere between 30-40 with the occasional odd ball out. For the last 3 weeks my hours have been between 34-36 which seems ideal, but once rent gets taken out, you buy groceries, and you buy gas you have about $2 left of your pay check from that week. Not really ideal. So basically all you can afford to do is go to work and go home. No exploring around Florida on your days off with that sad state of funds. Regardless of how minimal my pay check is each week now I am still learning new things every single day and still absolutely love Disney World. Although some guests can be far from friendly each day I always encounter at least one group of guests that brightens my day and makes me realize why I do come to work at Disney World every single day. Each night our manages give us a closing meeting where not only do we get a wrap up of the days events, but they try to inspire us in some way so that the next day we can come to work and inspire the guests. The whole way that Disney is run and how it began never ceases to amaze me. It is amazing how one man's dream turned into such a huge successful company and I am just in awe that I am able to work for that company. I have about 5 weeks left in my program and am trying to absorb and retain as much information as I can so that I can help become more successful as a person and be able to make my dreams become a reality just like Walt Disney did.

 Flower and Garden Fesitval at Epcot!
  Flower and Garden Fesitval at Epcot!
 Seaworld!
 Seaworld!

2 comments:

  1. whoah... those pictures look awesome! yay dolphins! jealous you're living the life in sunny FL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living it up in China too! Hope it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete