Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nearing the end of the program = evaluating my life plan

At the beginning of my program my dream job was to be a lawyer for the company a long ways down the road. Not only did this entail me raising my GPA at UMW a massive amount, studying for the LSAT (uhhh not so much), doing well on the LSAT (guess that means I should actually study for it), applying to law school, and then getting into law school (hey Yale, looking for any students?), but it also required me to be so spectacular that this program would help put my foot in the door to one day become a big shot lawyer for the company. Although I still absolutely love this place and plan to come here on as many vacations as possible, the idea of working here as a lawyer does not necessarily seem like my ideal job. I still think there are aspects that would be fantastic about it, but after all I have learned from being behind the scenes here I am not so sure I could actually be one of the lawyers. Granted doing the entertainment side of it would be very interesting, but the corporate, injury, etc, side would be far from glamourous. There are many aspects to the way the company is run from a business and legal standpoint that I do not agree with at all. I will not go into detail at this moment in time, but I bet you can imagine things that would be able to get hid under the table or brushed off thanks to top lawyers and the ability to write very large checks. With that being said, law school is still a goal of mine (if I can get to that point which seems pretty daunting thinking about it), but where that law degree could take me I am not so certain at this point. I would love to keep creating magic one way or another, but I need to figure out how to do that all while being a lawyer that people love to hate. Like I've been told, people hate lawyers until the day that they actually need one... With that being said, my program ends in less than 19 days which is unbelievable and I need to star thinking beyond summer classes and get working on my life plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment